Call for Expressions of Interest: Book Review Editor
lambda nordica is a peer-reviewed open-access academic journal of LGBTQ studies. The oldest of its kind in the Nordic region, the journal is dedicated to interdisciplinary research in lesbian/gay/bi/trans* and queer studies.
The journal is now looking for a new book review editor to complement the editorial team, with preferred start date in January-February 2022, for an initial two years. This is a great opportunity for somebody with a keen interest in developing queer and LGBTQI+ scholarly publishing further in Nordic Europe and beyond; the task yields much room for creativity and provides a platform for developing a good overview of the scholarly field, and establishing research contacts. A small compensation is rendered for each published issue.
We are looking for:
- Good knowledge of gender, feminist, queer and LGBTQI+ scholarship and disciplines in the Nordic region and Europe especially;
- First language knowledge of a Scandinavian language
- Excellent knowledge of academic English
- Ability to work independently, plan long-term and work to deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Previous editorial experience is a plus
The responsibilities that the position entails are:
- Soliciting and editing high quality reviews of recent publications that are relevant to lambda nordica’s readership
- Contributing to the overall editorial processes
- Managing the book reviews process in the online manuscript system
- Liaise with the editors-in-chief and the Board in planning and developing the journal’s profile
Interested applicants can send a short statement of interest along with a 1-page summarized CV to: email@example.com by November 29th .